• Sisley Restorative Facial Cream – Contains Shea Butter and Vitamin C and has a very light consistency.
• Sisley Neck Cream with Botanical Extracts – Mostly water and mineral oil followed by a bevy of botanicals that you don’t often see in skin care products, i.e there’s not enough science to support their use in skin care.
• Sisley All Day All Year Essential Anti-Aging Day Care – Very light consistency, strong herbal scent, contains skin irritants (Juniper, Sage and Thyme Oil, as well as Limonene or Linalool), but no sun protection.
• Sisley Extreme Comfort Day for very dry and sensitive skin – Very light consistency, strong herbal scent, contains skin irritants (Sage and Thyme Oil, as well as Limonene or Linalool), but no sun protection. Whoops, didn’t I just write that? Oh no, not quite – they replaced the irritating Juniper Oil with the anti-irritants Linden Flower Extract and Mallow. That’s better; but I still wouldn’t recommend this for very dry OR very sensitive skin.
• Sisley Hand Cream with Harpagophytum – Is Harpagophytum Procumbums Root Extract (Devil’s Claw) the best ingredient this product has to recommend it? It would seem so. Devil’s Claw Extract has anti-inflammatory properties when taken internally and herbalists use it to treat skin lesions. The cream is very light in consistency. I expect more of a hand cream – more (broadly accepted) healing ingredients and a richer consistency for staying power.
• Sisleya Radiance Anti-Aging Concentrate – This has the highest concentration of skin irritating ingredients of any Sisley product I tried. They don’t say, but perhaps Sisley is counting on inflammation to trigger the skin’s repair mechanisms. I don’t buy it (literally or figuratively).
• Sisleya Global Anti-Aging Day and Night – This product makes no sense to me. It has no sun protection for day and no restorative or exfoliating ingredients for night.
• Sisleya Eye and Lip Contour Cream – Pretty ordinary for $400 an ounce, hydrates well and contains Licorice Extract to lighten darkened skin caused by melanin pooling
Tags: mature makeover, age warrior, Ageless Beauty, department store makeover, DIY makeover, beautiful at any age, follow Ageless Beauty, anti-aging
Friday, January 28, 2011
3:00 AM mateng