Saturday, January 29, 2011

How To Search For The Perfect Prom Dress

Lots of my readers lately have been contacting me on the situation of Prom. It was my Prom last year (believe me that was hectic!) and this year it's my best friends Prom and after going shopping with her and finding the perfect prom dress for her I thought it's time to help all of you out by finding some gorgeous dresses on a high-street budget! (yay!)

If you are 5ft 5 or under - I'd recommend buying a long dress as they make you look taller especially with a fabulous pair of heels!

If you are 5ft 6 & above - I'd recommend a short dress, when you're tall and have long legs a short dress will make you look gorgeous especially with the all important shoes!

Here are my top 4 picks from 5 different high-street shops!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
These dresses are all from Coast and all under £200! I love the colours of Coast dresses and how suitable they are for prom, some of my friends got dresses from Coast last year, and they looked amazing!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
These dresses are all by Julien Macdonald's STAR collection at Debenhams. I really love the diamante detailing on these dresses and how they look so glamorous!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
All these dresses are by the Debut collection at Debenhams. These dress are perfect if you are looking for a 'traditional' prom dress under £200. My favourite is the blood red dress, if you wore it to prom you'd stand out from the crowd and look sooo elegant and glamorous!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
All these dresses are from Lipsy. Lipsy do amazing dresses if you want to look amazing for a night out, but some of their embellished dresses would look amazing at Prom. These sort of dresses are perfect for the tall girls who are looking for the perfect short dress to suit their figure!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
All these dresses are from French Connection. French connection are great from evening dresses, and in simple colours like black and white. Being well known for their amazing detailing French connection's dresses are well worth looking at when shopping for prom!

Also if you do go Prom dress shopping my tip is to not go to your local shopping centre, as someone at your prom is likely to buy the same dress. Try and travel a bit further when shopping to your nearest city such as Liverpool, Manchester, Birmingham. There will be more choice there and your more likely to find an even NICER dress!

Let me know how all your searches go and I hope this has helped all of you who are stuck on a Prom Dress search!

made by Becca @ http://www.fashion-train.co.uk

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More