Harper’s Bazaar just published a list of hair and makeup trends for 2011. Some of the trends I like; some I can live with; and some I think are just not appropriate for women “of a certain age”.
Here's how I rate each one.
• Vibrant hair colors – As in no more ombre (roots showing), yay! That was such a sloppy and careless look.
• Shorter hair – This is a two-fer for Age Warriors.
1. You can achieve a fuller look with short hair, especially if your hair has thinned.
2. Longer hair visually drags facial features down, adding years to your look.
• Metallic rather than bright (neon) makeup colors – Neon bright colors on the face are a definite no-no for Age Warriors. Plus I’ve loved metallics like Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow in Precious Metals for years.
Can Live With
• Moon manis (half oval moons painted at the base of your nails) – These seem like a nice way to stay in vogue without sacrificing your dignity.
• Extra-volume hair – Although it depends on how you define “extra volume”. Let’s not overdo.
• Half up-do – Perfect for the indecisive woman with medium to long hair who’s thinking, “Should I wear it up or down?”
Please come back tomorrow for the rest of my thoughts on which Harper’s Bazaar Makeup & Hair Trends are appropriate for us “women of a certain age”.
Tags: makeup trends, Christopher Hopkins book, hairstyle trends, DIY makeover, look your best at any age, age warrior makeup tips, ageless beauty makeovers, makeover tips
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
3:00 AM mateng