Friday, February 25, 2011

Should we cut organic brands some more slack?

Is it okay to completely diss a new independant brand? An organic brand? Should we give one of the good guys less critique? I must confess that my Smashit knockdown (over and out in less than one hour) makes me feel like a super-evil villain, but at the same time, if I had tried it at a store, I wouldn't have bought it.

However, now that I have it in my hand, I will use it. It works ok if I skip the daycream and if I don't use my beloved Davines face-balm (more on that later). It works on a makeup for dropping the kid off at day-care level, but I wouldn't wear it when I go out or when I want a foundation.
It's really too bad because the Milk-shade is perfect for my skin. It matches my neck perfectly which no other foundation has.
Above you see it next to my daycream which is a creamy white, and on a blueish buttercup from Royal Copenhagen. It is the perfect tone for my skin.
However, on a closeup on my dry skin (the back of my hand) you see that the formula is rather greasy and has a tendency to run, leaving a finish that makes you wonder if you have had a snail visiting. A snail that also took a slimy walk in your compact foundation before moving on to your skin...
So, please Smashit, work on the formula. Work hard, work harder and I will love you forever. You have a good thing going here as you are one of the first brands that have realized swedish women are pale as ghosts. And please remember that products that were furnished for reviews are not purchased and those reviews shouldn't be referred to as praise from customers.

As it is now, I am not impressed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More