Saturday, April 17, 2010

Habit 5 Part 2: Seek First to Love Your Body

[This takeoff on 7 Habits of Highly Effective People began Saturday where you’ll find the complete list of 7 Habits of Chronically Fit People.]

This is a little extra assignment for anyone who had trouble with the first phrase of Habit #5: “Seek First to Love Your Body”. The rest of you get the weekend off. Lol. Just continue incorporating what you’ve begun with Habits 1 through 5 into your daily routine.

However, you all are welcome to stay for the extra assignment. Think about what you like most about your body. Strong lean legs … expressive hands … a sculpted neck … big round eyes …

As you get fitter, some of the parts you don’t love so much now will become more pleasing to you. Think how proud you will be when your waistline begins to slim or your stomach flattens. The parts you don’t like now may become the ones you love most.

For today, think about how much you love the parts you consider your best assets. Let that feeling be. Revel in it. It will spread. Trust me.

Yesterday I mentioned starting a blog as one way to get you on track to a fitter you. If you’ve been following Ageless Beauty for a while, you know that I’m walking this walk along with you. I’m 64 and I write about things I’m struggling with myself with respect to healthy aging and being the best I can regardless of age.

I started this 7 Habits topic because I’ve been spending too many hours sitting at the computer and losing sight of my own priorities for balance and fitness. I’m happy to report that I’m working on Habits 1 through 5 and have lost three pounds. My next little goal (Habit #2) is three more pounds to my goal.

More importantly, I feel better and fitter already. I’m standing and sitting taller. When I gain weight, I gain it all in my tummy. That depresses me and my posture suffers, my attitude suffers … you know what I’m talking about, right?

So I’m learning to love my body again right along with all of you. If this “blog therapy” has helped you as well, or you have anything to add to my 7 Habits of the Chronically Fit, please leave us all a comment.

See you back in class on Monday.

Tomorrow is Sunday Shopping Day on Ageless Beauty.

Tags: put food in perspective, choose healthy food, eat healthy for life,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More