Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My Department Store Makeover from Hell

If you missed the first part of My Sisley Makeover Story, click on the link to catch up.

The day after the disastrous Sisley makeover, I tried to use some of the product samples and products which I had purchased.

I already knew that the Transmat 0 Clear Beige foundation was too light for me, but I was curious as to why it took so long for the makeup artist to apply it in the store. I opened one of the sample packets. Try as I might, I could not get a nice even coverage. The makeup was streaky and didn’t cover well. I gave up and threw the samples out.

I tried the mascara which I had paid over $70 for – yes for one tube. It was dried out – totally dried out. Of course this required another trip to the dreaded Sisley counter. The ladies were very nice as before and there was no need for me to sit in the collapsing tall chair again, so I felt relatively safe.

They opened tube after tube of mascara but couldn’t find one that wasn’t dry. The ladies simply replaced all those dried out mascaras in their little boxes and returned them to the shelves. Here’s the sanitary issue again, but remember this occurred in Mexico where regulations are apparently not as stringent as in the U.S.

The consultants tried to convince me to try a different formula of Sisley mascara but I stood my ground and was given a store credit. I asked if they had a sample of the Transmat foundation in the next darker shade. Maybe it was the poor color match that made it look so awful.

No they couldn’t find my shade in Transmat but they did have Phyto Teint Éclat foundation in 1 Ivory. The consultant brightly told me “and it’s oil-free”! Perhaps she couldn’t tell how dry my 65-year old skin is under my own makeup.

Come back tomorrow for my Review of the Sisley product samples I was given as well as the products I paid hard-earned money for.

Tags:
DIY makeover, beautiful at any age, follow Ageless Beauty,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More