Saturday, January 22, 2011

My Department Store Makeover from Hell

The makeover I received at the Sisley Paris counter at a high end department store in a resort area of Mexico was the worst makeover I’ve ever had.

I was browsing through the makeup department as I love to do when we’re on vacation. When the Sisley counter manager approached me with the offer of a ten-minute rejuvenating serum treatment and makeover, I figured why not.

The cleansing and serum treatment were very relaxing and thorough. I asked to see the Sisleya Global Firming Serum leaflet.

I’m paraphrasing here: “Improves density, firmness and resilience … elastin quality … facial contours … immediate lifting and smoothing effects.” If it could do half these things, I’d pay $100 an ounce. I looked at the ingredient list, but was not at all impressed: some good antioxidants; some known skin irritants; no leading edge ingredients.

On to the makeover …

Perhaps I could find some cosmetic products I liked. The manager assigned a cosmetician to me. I was pleased to see that her own makeup was well-applied and natural looking. When she asked me my preferred look, I said very natural, nothing extreme.

She applied Sisley Transmat foundation in color 0 Clear Beige. It took an awfully long time to apply. I looked in the mirror and saw a ghostly specter looking back at me. Honestly, I looked like I was at death’s door.

When she came at me with purple and blue eye shadow, I knew I was in trouble. I threw my hands out exclaiming “No! No!! Muy natural!!!”

The tall studio chair collapsed beneath me. There I lay on the floor looking like a disheveled ghost as all the attendants rushed to help me up and bring a sturdier chair.

Oops, I’m out of space and time but have lots more to “dish”. Please come back Monday for more on My Makeover from Hell.

Tags:
DIY makeover, beautiful at any age, follow Ageless Beauty,

[Photo Credit: Print Shop Art Gallery]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More