To continue the story of my makeover from hell from Friday …
After the attendants helped me off the floor and replaced the broken chair with a sturdier one, the makeover continued.
The makeup artist and I agreed on eye shadow and liner colors that I felt I could be seen in public with. That went okay, though I noticed that no usual (U.S.) sanitary measures were taken. The same testers were used on everyone without re-sharpening to remove possible contamination.
She picked up a white eyeliner pencil and, before I could protest, started lining the tarsal conjunctiva (Don’t be too impressed. I had to look that up.) – the mucous membrane between the lower lashes and the eyeball. Did I mention there was no cleaning of the pencils between clients?
Then the “artist” allowed me to choose a lipstick color. Maybe she was catching on. She proceeded to draw these huge honking lips way beyond my natural lip line. Didn’t I ask for a natural look!? I guess she still didn’t get it. Again I forcefully said “No” and wiped away the mess.
Honestly I couldn’t get away from the Sisley counter fast enough.
I asked the price of the Sisleya Global Firming Serum which had been the start of this whole fiasco (and with which I was not impressed). Over $800 an ounce! You’ve got to be kidding!! Obviously I passed on that.
I did want to take some Sisley products home to test for Ageless Beauty, so I settled on two eyeliners, a brow pencil and a mascara. My total tab: about $250. I did get a bagful of samples plus a gift with purchase.
Wait. This is not the last of My Sisley Makeover experience. Come back tomorrow to find out why I had to return to the store two days later.
Tags: mature makeover, age warrior, Ageless Beauty, department store makeover, DIY makeover, beautiful at any age, follow Ageless Beauty, anti-aging
Monday, January 24, 2011
My Department Store Makeover from Hell
3:00 AM
mateng
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RSS Feed
0 comments:
Post a Comment