Sunday, November 5, 2006

THE SECRET FUN BLOG...BRINGING PEOPLE AND CHIMP ART TOGETHER

As you may recall, in August I posted a catalog listing (see photo) that advertised original paintings by Pablo the Chimp. This prompted Flashfink to note in the comments...
"Did you know that Cheeta, the chimp from the old Tarzan films is still alive and is also a painter? He lives at a primate sanctuary now and his art sales help to keep the place running.
You can find out more by going [here]"

Jason, proprietor of the astounding Scar Stuff blog, read this and seized the opportunity to own the work of a modern master. He promptly chose a color pallet (Jason wrote "..you can pick your own color schemes I went with both a warmer (Red, Yellow, Brown) & cooler (blue, black) palette...") and he placed his order. To his delight, the following art arrived soon after...



Note Cheeta's thumbprint signature in the bottom corner.


Upon receiving them Jason reported..
"I got my two Cheetas today & honestly they are EVEN COOLER than I'd hoped; really well balanced & just loaded w/ energy! Before setting eyes on them my initial plan was to put one up in my house & then one up in my office at work (where I'd been talking the purchase up quite a bit), but once my wife & I saw them together we really didn't want to split 'em up, so into the bedroom they go as a kind of simian diptych. They'll be the first thing we see when we wake up in fact."

He also put together this web page that shows the paintings in their perfectly selected frames and it provides some additional info. I think the paintings are truly beautiful and I'm thrilled to have played a part in this transaction. Way to go Jason! Pablo himself would be proud. Chimp Pablo or human? It doesn't matter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More