Friday, August 29, 2008

Freedom for Women

Speaking of her husband, Michelle Obama said: “He’ll protect a woman’s freedom of choice, because government should have no say in whether or when a woman embraces the sacred responsibility of parenthood.”

I am getting frustrated by "Pro-Choicers", (especially women) who seem to be COMPLETELY missing the point. The pro-life movement is not an attempt to attack women's freedom, or make doctors' criminals. We are pro-life because we are pro-women and pro-doctors. And yes Mrs. Obama, I agree that a woman should have the right to decide whether or not she is ready to parent. Practicing abstainence is a very respectful and effective way to live out this decision, requiring no government intervention whatsoever...

As pro-lifers are not trying to create a bunch of rules, we are trying to create FREEDOM for our world. We want to give future generations the freedom and the right to LIVE. I know that I am preaching to the choir, but it completely blows my mind how these simple facts seem to be so distorted.

On a more positive note, McCain has chosen Alaskan senator Sarah Palin as his running mate. She is a mother of 5, (her youngest even has downs!), and I found the following quote from her:

“I am pro-life and I believe that marriage should only be between and man and a woman.

Could this mother and politician actually provide a strong and beautiful female role model for our nation and world?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More