Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Corner View - Weekend Evenings

Today has been long.

Seriously.

In a nut shell, it looked like this:

7:00am get up, drink coffee, get ready, pack lunches, get kids to school, get a (desperately needed) haircut, and get to work by 9:30 am. Work til 1:00pm when get phone call from Rory that the eye doctor wants to see him because his eyes won't stay open. Rush home, pick up Rory without entering house or even turning off car. Take him across town to doctor. Come home. Cook dinner for family. It's now 2:45pm. Freshen up. Pick up kids from school. Bring them home, get them a snack and settled in front of ABC kids on tv. Give instructions to take good care of Daddy who is back in bed. Head back to work to fill in for co-worker who called in sick. It's now 4:00pm. Have coffee. Work til 7:30pm. Head upstairs for music practice. Sing my guts out til 9:30pm. Drive home. Say goodnight to Rory who woke up when I was changing into my pjs. Make sure electric blanket is turned on, and head out to computer to unwind a bit before bed ... it's now 10:13pm !

We spent the weekend visiting with family and I didn't get any 7:45pm photos. I was intending to find appropriate photos out of the bazillion photos I have saved on my computer but I'm too pooped ... see above paragraph !!

Weekend evenings for us ...

By 7:45pm the kiddos are either in bed or just about in bed and we are enjoying the calm.

The quiet.

You may find us reading (both), playing guitar (him) /piano (her), watching a movie (together), watching football (him) / blogging (her), knitting (only her!), drawing (again, her), playing a game (against each other) ... that sort of stuff.

Photobucket

I'm looking forward to seeing what the other corner viewers get up to on their weekend evenings, starting with Jane, the hostess ... but not tonight.

It's time for sleep.

It's now 10:23 pm.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More