Monday, April 19, 2010

Cheapo and the vanishing makeup

Ever since I first heard about MAC's Greasepaint, I've been wanting one. Ever since I saw Ivonne's photo of her with said product, I knew I had to get it or something like it.
Seeing as that particular line won't launch over here and my wallet is too thin to take on ordering and shipping from the States, I decided to go cheap. I read, googled, read and googled some more.
After a while I finally came across something I knew I had seen and that I could get my hands on. Somebody somewhere told me that Sally Hansen's old Color sticks was similar to Greasepaint and as I remembered having seen them online at our swedish Ebay (aka Tradera), I put a bid on them. For less than $5, I had 3 Color sticks in my hand.

This morning, I tried it out and well, it wasn't all that greasy but they felt more like crayons than eyeliners, so it was a go. 2 hours later, a long dogwalk later, I snapped this photo of what was left of my Delicate blue from Sally Hansen.

Greasy, ain't it? So greasy, it melted away and left a babyblue mess. Lilac racoon-eyes.

Now, if I could only find the person that told me that Sally Hansen's Colorsticks were deadringers for Greasepaint sticks and I would grease them up alright...
Lesson learned - this is what you get for being cheap.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More