Friday, September 24, 2010

Short nails and fatty chocolate

I'm not a brown girl but I couldn't resist this dark taupe, 549, which is by MNY described as color in the plums and purple-range, while in my book this is a brown. A mauve. Fatty chocolate milk brown, like the danish Matilde-chocolate. In the photo it's posed next to the Depend 188 which is a rich chocolate brown. The photo is somewhat over-exposed as it was the MNY-polish is a shade that's hard to pinpoint. It's a dusty, foggy  taupe polish, but in a lot of photos, it just came out dark brown.

The polish was uneven, the brush was a mess that needed a cut and even with 3 layers, it's still somewhat uneven, but still, I think this is a pretty ok polish. I'd rather take a thin polish over a thick and hey, everybody needs a haircut every now and then.
For 29.50:- ($4.30) I don't think I'll be getting any miracles, just an ok polish.

My nails are ultrashort at the time. Not by choice (my medication is messing with my skin, hair, you name it)  but I am starting to like it. It makes things easy and means the polish won't chip as easy. I got 6 days out of my last manicure (Chona Glaze's Zombie zest + Essie's Over the top) and the one above is on it's 2nd day. As I am the girl that wears no basecoat nor topcoat, I think that's pretty darn good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More